Tuesday, October 18, 2011

"Happy Birthday" Performances to US Presidents: Then, and Now

Marilyn Monroe Singing

©Bill Ray: Marilyn Monroe Singing "Happy Birthday" to President John F. Kennedy, Madison Square Garden, NY, 1962



Another performance, another headline: Lady Gaga stole the show at former Bill Clinton's 65th birthday as she took the guise of Marilyn Monroe, sang an unplugged version of " Born this Way" and made a pass at the former President and his wife.

" Bill, I'm having my first Marilyn moment. I always wanted to have one, and I was hoping that it didn't involve pills and a strand of pearls," she joked.




" I just love you and your hot wife," she said emerging from a white tree on the stage of the Hollywood Bowl. With her long blond hair complemented with a beauty spot on her cheek, Gaga performed under the persona of Monroe, wearing a flesh colored cape, top and leggings with a large mesh hat.

No comments:

Post a Comment